Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Preheat the grill to high.
- Cut the eggplants in half lengthwise; do not trim off the stem ends (if using larger eggplants, cut crosswise into ½-inch-thick slices and grill 3 to 5 minutes per side)
- Mix the garlic and oil in a small bowl.
- Brush the mixture over the cut sides of the eggplants.
- Combine the herbs and spices in a small bowl and set aside.
- When ready to cook, arrange the eggplants, cut sides down, on the hot grate and grill until nicely browned, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Lightly brush the skin sides of the eggplant with the oil mixture.
- Turn the eggplants with tongs and brush the tops with the remaining oil.
- Sprinkle with the dried herb mixture and salt and black pepper to taste.
- Continue cooking the eggplants, cut sides up, until the flesh is soft, 6 to 8 minutes more.
- Serve immediately.