Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 1 pound ground Pork shoulder
- 1 pound ground Lamb shoulder or leg
- 1/4 pound Pork fatback, rind removed and fat finely chopped
- 1 large Onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 pound Pork caul fat
2. Carefully unravel the caul fat and stretch it out over your work surface. Cut into as many 4- to 5-inch squares as you can. Place a small flattened size piece of the Sausage mixture on each square and wrap it into a neat little package, shaping it with the palms of your hand. Let the sheftalia rest in the refrigerator for 4 hours.
3. The sheftalia can be frozen for up to 4 months at this point or you can grill them. Prepare a hot charcoal fire or preheat a gas grill for 20 minutes on high. Grill the sheftalia until golden brown, about 20 to 30 minutes, moving them around the grill to avoid flare-ups.