Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Grilled Curry Chicken with Cucumber Raita from the Public Health Cookbook by the Seattle & King County Department of Public Health—original source of recipe, public domain government resource
- 4 skinless and boneless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons curry paste
- 1 tablespoon oil
- ½ tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ of a medium sized cucumber, grated
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup plain, low fat yogurt
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Prepare grill.
- Place chicken breasts between two layers of plastic wrap then pound them using the flat side of a meat mallet or firmly rolled using a rolling pin to flatten them.
- In a small bowl, combine the curry paste, oil, sugar, ginger and cumin.
- Sprinkle the spices over each side of the chicken then grill for 10–15 minutes, turning once or until the meat is cooked through.
- In a small bowl, add the grated cucumber, salt, yogurt, mint and lemon juice. Stir until combined.
- Serve the chicken and pass the raita at the table.