Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This is a recipe I obtained from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Hager estate in Canton, Texas in 1982.
- Contributed by catsrecipes y-group
- ½ cup unsalted butter softened
- ½ tablespoon garlic chopped
- 1 cup fresh basil coarsely chopped
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- 12 ears of corn husks removed and halved
- 24 bamboo skewers
- Rinse corn and drain well.
- Mix butter, garlic, basil, cumin, black pepper and chili powder in container.
- Place corn on individual skewers and brush corn with vegetable oil and place on the edge of the hottest part of the grill then cook slowly for 10 minutes.
- Place two halves corn on a serving plate and brush each half with ½ tablespoon butter mixture and serve immediately.