Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This marinated chicken is perfect for a barbecue.
- Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Source: The National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute (NHLBI)
- Servings: 4
- 4 chicken breast
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ tsp oregano
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ¼ cup water
- 10 tomatillos, fresh
- ½ medium onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 jalapeno peppers
- 2 tbsp cilantro
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ cup sour cream, non-fat
- 2 limes
- Combine the oil, juice from one lime, oregano, and black pepper in a shallow glass baking dish.
- Place the chicken breasts in the baking dish and turn to coat each side.
- Cover the dish and refrigerate overnight.
- Turn the chicken periodically to marinate chicken on both sides.
- Put water, tomatillos, and onion in a saucepan.
- Bring to a gentle boil and cook uncovered for 10 minutes or until the tomatillos are tender.
- In a blender, place the cooked onion, tomatillos, and any remaining water.
- Add the garlic, peppers, cilantro, salt, and the remaining lime juice.
- Blend until all the ingredients are smooth.
- Place the sauce in a bowl and refrigerate.
- Place the chicken breasts on a hot grill and cook until done.
- Place the chicken on a serving platter.
- Spoon a tablespoon of low-fat sour cream over each chicken breast.
- Pour the sauce over the sour cream.
Nutritional information Edit
- 192 Calories | 5g Total Fat | 2g Saturated Fat | 220mg Sodium | 71mg Cholesterol | 53mg Calcium