You may think barbecuing is just for savory foodstuffs , but guess again: Peaches make a delightful addition to the grill, turning slightly smoky and sweeter than ever. Mixed with this spinach salad, they pair equally well with steak, baked wahoo fish recipes or pork.
- 1 tablespoon(s) white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) grated ginger
- 3 tablespoon(s) (plus 1 tsp) olive oil
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 2 medium red onions, sliced into 1/2-in.-thick rounds
- 4 (6-oz) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3 peaches, cut into wedges
- 1 bunch(es) spinach, thick stems removed (about 4 cups)
- pieces of grilled corn
- Heat grill to medium-high. In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, ginger, 1 Tbsp of the oil, and 1/8 tsp each salt and pepper; set aside.
- Brush the onions with 1 Tbsp of the oil and season with 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper. Brush the chicken with 1 tsp of the oil, and season with 1/2 tsp each salt and pepper. In a bowl, toss the peaches with the remaining Tbsp oil.
- Grill the chicken and onions until the chicken is cooked through and the onions are tender, 5 to 6 minutes per side. Grill the peaches (reserve the bowl) until charred, 2 minutes per side.
- Transfer the peaches and onions to the bowl. Add the spinach and vinaigrette and toss to combine. Serve with the chicken.