Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook time:40 minutes
Excellent quick meal with lots of flavor!
- Contributed by Lorrie Bunes, Coeur d'Alene
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 crusty sourdough rolls
- 1 cup Italian salad dressing divide into 2 x ½ cup dishes
- 8 slices of thick smoked bacon cooked till just crisp
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 large red onion
- bunch of fresh cilantro
- sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- Place chicken breast between 2 sheets of waxed paper pound chicken.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on both sides.
- Slice red onion into ¼ in thick slices.
- Place chicken on heated BBQ grill low to medium heat grill approx 20 minutes each side brush each side with Italian dressing while grilling.
- Grill onion during last 5 minutes turning 1x.
- Place rolls on grill sliced in half just to warm.
- Slice avocado into halves then slice each halve into slices.
- Brush rolls with remaining dressing.
- Place chicken breast on roll, add 2 slices of bacon, grilled onion, avocado, salt and pepper, cilantro.
- Serve with pasta salad and fresh fruit.