Makes 4 servings
- 1 pound boned and skinned chicken breasts
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1½ cups diagonally sliced zucchini
- 3 cups cooked rice, cooled to room temperature
- 1 x 9-ounce package frozen artichoke hearts
- ¾ cup snow peas, blanched
- ½ cup red pepper cubes
- ½ cup Italian salad dressing
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh basil leaves
- lettuce leaves
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Grill or broil chicken breasts and zucchini.
- Chill chicken and zucchini; cut chicken in ¾-inch cubes.
- Combine rice, chicken, zucchini, artichoke hearts, snow peas, and red pepper in large bowl. Blend dressing and basil in small bowl.
- Pour over salad; toss lightly. Serve on lettuce leaves.