- To prepare the catfish:.
- Sprinkle farm-raised catfish fillets with garlic salt and pepper.
- Place them in a well-oiled grill basket or on a well-oiled grill rack.
- Grill uncovered directly over medium-hot coals about 5 minutes per side or until fish flakes easily.
- Place a fillet on each serving plate and spoon black bean relish over them.
- To prepare the relish:.
- In a medium saucepan cook onion, celery, carrot, garlic and jalapeño peppers in butter or margarine until onion is tender.
- Stir in black beans, ham, cilantro and salt.
- Bring to boil; reduce heat.
- Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until desired consistency.
- Makes 2 cups.