A Catfish recipe.
- U.S. farm-raised catfish fillets, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 cup pineapple chunks
- 1 small red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch squares
- 1 small red onion, cut into 1-inch wedges
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger (or 1 teaspoon dried ginger)
- 2 green onions, chopped
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Thread catfish fillet cubes onto four small skewers, alternating them with pieces of pineapple, bell pepper and onion.
- Place skewers in a shallow dish.
- To prepare the marinade, mix the soy sauce, lime juice, oil, garlic, ginger, green onions, and cayenne pepper in a small bowl.
- Pour over the skewers, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours to marinate.
- Prepare a grill or preheat the broiler.
- Grill or broil the skewers about 4 inches from the heat source for 4 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.