Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
There are two sets of measurements in this recipes, the first for a meal, and the second (in parentheses) for an appetizer version.
- 3 (12) genuine California avocados, halved
- Fresh lime or lemon juice (as needed)
- olive oil (as needed)
- salt (as needed)
- 1½ oz (1½ cups) Manchego cheese, shredded finely
- 1 oz (1 cup) panela cheese, grated
- ½ oz (½ cup) cotija cheese, shredded finely
- Freshly ground black pepper (as needed)
- 3 (12) Poblano chiles, roasted, peeled, cut into thin strips
- 3 (12) Home-made or home-made style flour tortillas
- unsalted butter (as needed)
- Salsa fresca (as needed)
- An hour or two before service: Cut each avocado half into 5 or 6 slices about ⅜ inch thick.
- Brush each slice on both sides with juice and oil.
- Lightly sprinkle with salt.
- Grill, turning once, until lightly browned with grill marks.
- Mix cheeses thoroughly.
Per order Edit
- Lay 1 tortilla on a work surface.
- Put ¼ cup cheese on half the tortilla.
- On top of cheese evenly distribute about 8 poblano strips.
- Top with 4 or 5 avocado slices.
- Drizzle with 1 tablespoon salsa (optional).
- Top with ¼ cup cheese mixture.
- Brown quesadilla on medium heat in hot butter on both sides.
- Cover pan for a minute or so to finish melting cheese.
- Cut into 4 pieces.
- Serve with ¼ cup salsa on the side.