There are two sets of measurements in this recipes, the first for a meal, and the second (in parentheses) for an appetizer version.
- 3 (12) genuine California avocados, halved
- Fresh lime or lemon juice (as needed)
- olive oil (as needed)
- salt (as needed)
- 1½ oz (1½ cups) Manchego cheese, shredded finely
- 1 oz (1 cup) panela cheese, grated
- ½ oz (½ cup) cotija cheese, shredded finely
- Freshly ground black pepper (as needed)
- 3 (12) Poblano chiles, roasted, peeled, cut into thin strips
- 3 (12) Home-made or home-made style flour tortillas
- unsalted butter (as needed)
- Salsa fresca (as needed)
- An hour or two before service: Cut each avocado half into 5 or 6 slices about ⅜ inch thick.
- Brush each slice on both sides with juice and oil.
- Lightly sprinkle with salt.
- Grill, turning once, until lightly browned with grill marks.
- Mix cheeses thoroughly.
Per order Edit
- Lay 1 tortilla on a work surface.
- Put ¼ cup cheese on half the tortilla.
- On top of cheese evenly distribute about 8 poblano strips.
- Top with 4 or 5 avocado slices.
- Drizzle with 1 tablespoon salsa (optional).
- Top with ¼ cup cheese mixture.
- Brown quesadilla on medium heat in hot butter on both sides.
- Cover pan for a minute or so to finish melting cheese.
- Cut into 4 pieces.
- Serve with ¼ cup salsa on the side.