Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Beef Recipes by the San Franscisco Department of Agriculture, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- 4 well-trimmed boneless beef top loin steaks, cut 1 inch thick (about 2½ pounds)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium red bell pepper
Peppery Peach Salsa
- ½ cup peach preserves
- ¼ cup sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped jalapeño peppers
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated lemon peel
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- Sprinkle both sides of beef steaks with ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper; press firmly into beef.
- Remove seeds from bell pepper, leaving pepper whole.
- Place steaks and bell pepper on grid over medium, ash-covered coals.
- Grill steaks, uncovered, 15 to 18 minutes for medium rare to medium doneness, turning occasionally.
- Grill pepper 2 to 3 minutes, turning occasionally.
- While steaks continue to cook, cut four ½-inch thick rings from bell pepper; set aside for garnish.
- Coarsely chop enough remaining pepper to make ¼ cup; combine with salsa ingredients in small saucepan.
- Place pan on grid near edge of grill to heat until warm.
- About 5 minutes before steaks are done, remove 2 tablespoons salsa from saucepan and brush on both sides of steaks.
- To serve, place 1 pepper ring on each steak; fill rings with warm salsa.