Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Grilled Beef Satay with Peanut Sauce from the Public Health Cookbook by the Seattle & King County Department of Public Health—original source of recipe, public domain government resource
- Serves: 4
- 1¼ lbs flank steak
- ⅓ cup light (low sodium) teriyaki sauce
- ½ teaspoon (divided) hot pepper sauce (such as tabasco sauce)
- 4 green onions, sliced in 1-inch pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat peanut butter
- Prepare grill.
- Trim fat from steak and thinly slice diagonally across the grain.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine teriyaki sauce and ¼ teaspoon hot pepper sauce.
- Add the steak slices and stir to coat evenly.
- Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Thread steak slices in accordion style on skewers then alternate with green onions and bell pepper.
- Reserve marinade.
- Grill skewers until steak is slightly pink in the middle or to desired doneness.
- In a small saucepan, combine peanut butter, water, ¼ teaspoon hot pepper sauce and 2 tablespoons of the reserved marinade.
- Heat to medium-high heat and cook until heated through.
- Remove steak and vegetables from skewers and serve with peanut sauce.