Honey-lemon garlic dressing Edit
- 1½ cups honey
- 1¼ cups fresh lemon juice
- 8 cloves garlic, chopped finely
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard (strong)
- 1 Tbsp salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground pepper
- ⅓ cups olive oil
Polent squares Edit
Grilled avocado and scallop salad Edit
- 5 scallops per serving (about 6 pounds) sea scallops
- as needed olive oil
- as needed to line plates green lettuce leaves
- as needed salt
- as needed freshly ground black pepper
- 3 pounds + 8 ounces radicchio, finely shredded
- 1⅕ Pounds green onion, sliced thinly
- as needed for garnish polenta squares
- as needed for garnish orange bell pepper, cut in fine strips (about ⅛")
- 10 California avocados
- as needed fresh lemon juice
- as needed for garnish chopped, fresh Italian parsley
- Just before service, slice each avocado half in 5 slices; brush with lemon juice and olive oil.
- Cover with plastic wrap.
- To make dressing, whisk together honey, lemon juice, garlic, salt, and pepper; whisk in oil. Reserve.
- Toss scallops with a olive oil just to coat; reserve.
Polenta squares Edit
- Make polenta using 2 quarts water, 1 tablespoon salt, and 2 cups polenta.
- On a buttered sheet pan, spread hot cooked polenta into a square about ¾-inch thick.
- Let polenta set until firm and cool. Cut into 1-inch squares.
Per serving Edit
- Line a large serving plate with lettuce leaves; reserve.
- Lightly season 5 scallops and 4 slices avocado with salt.
- Grill Scallops until just firm to the touch, about 2 minutes total.
- After 1 minute, grill avocado slices until lightly browned.
- Keep scallops and avocado warm.
- Meanwhile, deep fry 5 polenta cubes until golden brown; drain well. Reserve.
- Toss 1½ cups radicchio and ¼ cup green onion with 1½ tablespoons dressing; arrange in the center of the prepared serving plate.
- Top with scallops, then arrange avocado slices around scallops.
- Drizzle ½ tablespoon dressing over avocado and scallops.
- Sprinkle avocado and scallops with parsley.
- Dot with polenta cubes; scatter with several strips of bell pepper.