- 1 pound asparagus, bottoms trimmed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon shallot, minced
1.Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat.
2.Lightly coat the asparagus with 1 tablespoon of the oil.
3.Grill over high heat for 2 to 3 minutes, or to desired tenderness.
4.In a small bowl, whisk together remaining oil, balsamic vinegar and shallots.
5.Arrange asparagus on a platter and drizzle vinaigrette over spears.
- Grilled Asparagus with Balsamic Vinaigrette from the Public Health Cookbook by the Seattle & King County Department of Public Health—original source of recipe, public domain government resource