- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, 2 turns of the pan
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 clove garlic, cracked away from skin
- 8 slices crusty Italian semolina bread
- 1 cup shredded provolone
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- ½ cup grated Parmesan or romano
- 1 cup shredded asiago 
- In a small skillet over medium low heat, combine oil, butter and garlic.
- Cook garlic in butter and oil gently for 2 or 3 minutes.
- Remove garlic butter mixture from heat.
- Place a large nonstick skillet on the stove over medium high heat.
- Using a pastry brush, brush 1 side of 4 slices of bread with garlic oil and place buttered side down in skillet.
- Top each slice with equal amounts of the 4 cheeses, distributing them equally over the 4 slices.
- Top each sandwich with another slice of bread brushed with garlic butter, buttered side up.
- Flip the grill cheese sandwiches a few times until cheeses are melted and gooey and bread is toasty and golden.
- Cut grilled 4 cheese sandwiches from corner to corner and serve.
- ↑ All of these cheeses are available in specialty cheese case and dairy aisle already shredded