- Preparation time 7 minutes
- Cooking time 8–10 minutes.
- Calories per piece unbuttered - 300 approx.
- Sift flour, baking powder, soda and salt into a bowl.
- Dip a grater in the flour, then using the second coarsest serrations,grate cold butter into the flour.
- Add yoghurt and milk and mix using a table knife.
- On a lightly floured surface press the mixture into circle approximately 2 cm thick and 25 cm in diameter.
- Cut into eight wedges.
- Heat griddle or heavy pan to a moderate temperature, dust the base lightly with flour.
- Place dough on griddle.
- Turn after five minutes.
- Continue to cook, turning as necessary,until centre is set.
- The pan may be covered to produce softer bread.
- Split and butter to serve.
- Good warm or cold.