Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Novell Estate in Fort Worth, Texas in 1982.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 3 large ham hocks smoked
- 4 smoked pig tails
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 red pepper
- 1 large white onion chopped
- 1 pound mustard greens
- 1 pound turnip tops
- 1 pound spinach
- 1 pound kale
- 1 small head cabbage cut up
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- Wash ham hocks and pig tails and place in enough cold water to boil until tender or place in pressure cooker with 2 cups water with 10 pound pressure for 30 minutes.
- Pick and wash greens thoroughly.
- Set cabbage and spinach aside.
- Chop mustard greens, turnips and kale then place in large pot with water, oil, onion and red pepper.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer for 1½ hours.
- Add spinach, cabbage, salt and pepper and look 20 minutes longer.