Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Farmers' Market Recipes by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts Department of Agricultural Resources, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- Cook Time: About 45 minutes total
- Serves: 6
- 1 pound spinach, collard, or beet greens, steamed and cut into ½ inch strips
- 2 cups cooked rice, brown or white
- ⅔ cup grated cheddar cheese
- 2 eggs beaten
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ cup soft, whole grain breadcrumbs
- Wash greens and steam until tender.
- Combine the cooked rice, cheese, and eggs. Add parsley and pepper.
- In an oiled 8"x8" casserole dish, alternate layers of rice and greens, ending with rice.
- Top casserole with crumbs. Bake at 350 °F for 30 minutes.