- ¼ cup salad oil
- 6 green peppers, cut into chunks
- 2 onions, chopped
- 4 large green tomatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 large ripe tomato, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2¼ tsp. salt
- 1¼ tsp. basil
- In a pan, over medium heat, in hot oil, cook green pepper chunks, onions, and green tomatoes for 15 mins.
- Add the ripe tomato together with the salt and basil; cover and simmer until vegetables are fork-tender.
- Stir the mixture occasionally, for about 20 mins.
- Serve over pork chops, meatloaf slices, or chicken breasts.