Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
In Romanian: Dulceata de patlagele verzi (gogonele)
- 40 green tomatoes the size of plums
- 2 lbs / 1 kg sugar
- ½ vanilla stick
- juice from 1 lemon
- ¾ qt / ¾ l water
- Remove the core of each green tomato making a conical indentation.
- Remove all seeds through this opening.
- Prepare three pots with boiling water.
- Place the green tomatoes in the first one and let boil for 4–5 minutes.
- Remove from this water and place into the second pot, letting them boil for 10 minutes.
- Remove from this water and place them in the third pot, letting them boil for 10 minutes.
- Then briefly place in cold water and quickly peel them.
- Leave them on a clean cloth to dry.
- In the meantime, make the syrup with ¾ qt / ¾ l water, remove foam and add vanilla.
- When the syrup starts to thicken, add the green tomatoes and lemon juice.
- Simmer, removing the foam periodically, until the preserve is done.
- Remove from heat, cover with a wet cloth and place in jars when cold.