- Place the chopped vegetables in a large pot.
- Add the Sugar, vinegar, salt and spices. Stir well.
- Heat the mixture, stirring, until the Sugar has just about melted, then bring to the boil.
- Stir well, reduce heat a little, and simmer, uncovered, until the mixture is thick. This will take about an hour. Towards the end of cooking, add the chilli.
- If your chutney doesn't thicken as it should, drain off the extra liquid. (This could all depend on the type of tomato).
- Cool, then refrigerate. The chutney will thicken as it cools. Presumably it will freeze okay.
- I would pour the mixture into hot, sterilised bottles and seal them.
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.