This makes a bright green sauce...kinda weird to look at but very good tasting. It's a real pretty presentation if you serve it over spaghetti, half green, half tomato sauce. It's especially good with Parmesan, if you are lacto-veg. Use fat-free, of course, or a tiny bit of "the good stuff". Do not use vanilla-flavored soy milk. I tried it. Yuk
- Makes 2 – 3 servings
- 1 x 16 oz bag frozen or fresh spinach (or a combination frozen/fresh)
- 1 clove garlic crushed / minced
- ½ cup plain soy milk / skim milk
- If using fresh spinach, wash and de-stem the leaves.
- Steam/microwave the spinach until cooked.
- Place it in a blender with the garlic and milk.
- Whir until you have a nice sauce consistency.
- Start with less milk if you like a thicker sauce, add more, as needed.
- It depends on how much spinach "juice" you use.
- Taste the sauce, and add salt, as desired.
- Serve on top of spaghetti or other pasta.