This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Marlin Estate in Heath, Texas in 1998.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 5 cups mixed salad greens
- ½ medium red onion thinly sliced into half-circles
- ⅓ cup dried cranberries
- ¼ cup walnut halves
- ⅓ cup crumbled blue cheese
- 2 teaspoons balsamic or red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons cranberry juice
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Wash lettuce and dry thoroughly in a salad spinner or wrap in a towel.
- Refrigerate until ready to toss.
- Whisk dressing in a glass measuring cup until smooth.
- Toss together with the lettuce, onion, cranberries and nuts.
- Place onto salad plates and top with a small amount of crumbled cheese.