Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Marlin Estate in Heath, Texas in 1998.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 5 cups mixed salad greens
- ½ medium red onion thinly sliced into half-circles
- ⅓ cup dried cranberries
- ¼ cup walnut halves
- ⅓ cup crumbled blue cheese
- 2 teaspoons balsamic or red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons cranberry juice
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Wash lettuce and dry thoroughly in a salad spinner or wrap in a towel.
- Refrigerate until ready to toss.
- Whisk dressing in a glass measuring cup until smooth.
- Toss together with the lettuce, onion, cranberries and nuts.
- Place onto salad plates and top with a small amount of crumbled cheese.