Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Green Rice from the Public Health Cookbook -- original source of recipe, public domain government resource
- Cook Time: About 1 Hour
- Serves: 8
- ½ cup tightly packed fresh cilantro sprigs
- ½ cup tightly packed spinach leaves, stemmed and thoroughly washed
- 2½ cups low-sodium chicken broth
- non-fat cooking spray
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1½ cups long-grain rice
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Place cilantro, spinach and broth in a blender and puree until smooth.
- Spray a large saucepan with cooking spray and heat over medium heat. Add onion and cook for 8 minutes or until softened and translucent. Add garlic and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Add rice and stir to coat evenly.
- Add spinach mixture from blender and bring to a boil then reduce heat to a simmer.
- Cover and cook for 20 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.
- Turn off heat and let stand for 5 minutes. Add cayenne pepper and fluff with a fork.