Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This is a recipe my catering partner and I perfected at a big gala we catered in 1992. It was a huge hit and one I now make often at home and for card parties.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 2 pounds medium red potatoes peeled and quartered
- 2 teaspoons salt divided
- 6 hard cooked eggs
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 4 tablespoons green pepper
- ¾ cup mayonnaise
- 1 stalk celery finely chopped
- ¼ cup sweet pickle relish
- Place potatoes in large saucepan and cover with water.
- Bring to a boil and add 1 teaspoon salt.
- Cook over medium heat 15 minutes or until tender.
- Drain and set aside to cool.
- Cut eggs in half and place yolks in large bowl.
- Mash yolks with a fork and stir in oil and green sauce.
- Add mayonnaise and remaining 1 teaspoon salt and mix well.
- Dice potatoes and add mayonnaise mixture along with celery, bell pepper and relish.
- Finely chop egg whites and stir into salad, mixing well.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.