Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Quick, fresh and so simple to make with a food processor. Its flavor is meant to be refreshing to offset other spicy hot dishes such as stews or grilled meat and it goes well with any bread. This is an Ethiopian recipe coming from Alford's and Duguid's cookbook on "Flatbreads and Flavours".
- 1 large green bell pepper, very fresh
- 1 medium garlic clove, coarsely chopped
- ⅛ teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1 jalapeño chile, seeded and diced (optional)
- Wash the bell pepper and coarsely chop, removing core,seeds and membranes.
- Put pepper, garlic and salt in the food processor fitted with a blade and scraping down the sides of the bowl repeatedly with a rubber spatula, process until rather smooth.
- Taste and serve with spicy meat and bread. If you prefer some heat to the relish add as much of the diced chile as you like.