Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Green pawpaw Soup
- 1 green pawpaw
- 1 pint white stock or water
- 1 teacup milk or 1 small tin milk
- 1 onion
- parsley stalks (if available)
- a little mace or nutmeg
- ½ oz butter or dripping
- 1 oz cornflour to thicken
- fried dice of bread
- pepper and salt
- Remove the seeds, peel and cut up the pawpaw into small pieces.
- Slice the onion finely.
- Melt the butter or dripping and fry the vegetables in it without browning.
- Add the water, salt and parsley stalks.
- Simmer 1 and ½ hours.
- Rub through a sieve.
- Return the soup to the pan.
- Add pepper and cornflour blended with the milk.
- Boil 5 minutes to cook thoroughly.