- 2 tbsp equal parts - fresh basil, cilantro and mint, chopped
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 limes, juice only
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp. fresh ground black pepper
- 3 fresh jalapeno peppers, chopped
- 1½ lbs green papaya, shredded
- ¾ lb shrimp, cleaned, steamed and chilled
- 2 tbsp roasted peanuts, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, firm and diced
- Mix fresh herbs, combine sugar, fish sauce, lime juice, garlic, black pepper and chiles until sugar is dissolved.
- Toss with remaining ingredients and serve with fresh tortillas.