Perk up jarred with a couple of simple additions, and watch them disappear.
- Rind (yellow part only) from 2 lemons, peeled with a vegetable peeler and cut into 2 strips
- 1/2 pound Green Olives
- 1 teaspoon crumbled dried Rosemary Leaves
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 1 Bay Leaf, broken into pieces
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1. Peel 12 strips from lemon rind (yellow part only) with a vegetable peeler or paring knife. 2. Mix rind strips, rosemary, garlic, bay leaf and olive oil in a plastic container with a lid. Marinate for as long as possible, preferably 1 hour, for flavors to blend. can be kept in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.