Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 2 large cucumbers, peeled, quartered lengthwise and seeded
- 1 large green bell pepper, halved
- 6 leaves lettuce, coarsely chopped
- 2 scallions (white and light green parts), coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 3 cups buttermilk, plus additional if needed
- 4-oz. can chopped mild green chilies, drained
- 3 Tbs. fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground pepper
2. Coarsely chop remaining cucumbers and bell pepper; transfer to food processor or blender. Add lettuce, scallions and cilantro and process until pureed with some texture remaining. Transfer to large serving container.
3. Stir in buttermilk, chilies, lime juice, cumin, salt and pepper, adding more buttermilk if needed to achieve a slightly thick consistency. Serve immediately or cover and chill until needed. Just before serving, sprinkle with reserved diced cucumber and bell pepper.