Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Henson Estate in Dallas, Texas in 1982.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 12 Anaheim green chilies
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 3 tomatillos chopped coarse
- 2½ pounds trimmed pork cubed
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- ½ cup chicken broth
- ½ medium white onion chopped
- 1 teaspoon whole cumin
- Chop chilies coarsely.
- Fry pork until barely browned.
- Grind garlic,cumin and peppercorns into paste in mortar.
- Add all ingredients together in large skillet and simmer 15 minutes.
- Mix chicken broth and cumin mixture then add to meat in pot and simmer until meat is tender and flavors are blended.
- Add water as needed to make gravy and serve over cooked rice.