Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook time: varies
A unique burger originating from the U.S. State of New Mexico, incorporating their state vegetable the New Mexico chile, spicy and flavorful.
Canned Hatch diced green chile peppers can be found in numerous supermarkets, if they can not be found the California chile aka the "Anaheim pepper" can be a decent substitute. But, New Mexico chile is recommended.
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1/2 tablespoon black pepper
- 4 ounces of New Mexico green chile peppers
- Bun of your choice
- Optional: Cheese (Green Chile Cheeseburger), either American cheese, Jack cheese, or Queso fresco.
- Optional: Toppings; lettuce, sliced tomato, diced onion, New Mexico red chile sauce, barbecue sauce, etc.
- Dice the New Mexico chile peppers, or buy them pre-diced, you can choose to boil them with various flavorings.
- Ball the meat into multiple "slider sized" patties and begin cooking.
- Once you flip the burgers place New Mexico chile peppers on top of the already cooked side of the burger. You can also choose to simply add the peppers when the burger is done.
- Place the burger and chile into the bun, and add toppings including optional cheese and enjoy.