Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Original recipe
- Makes 6 servings
- 6 pieces bacon, chopped
- ½ cup onion, chopped, 2¾ ounces
- 4 ounce can mushrooms, drained
- 16 ounce bag frozen whole green beans, thawed
- 1½ teaspoons granular Splenda
- salt, to taste
- In a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp; set aside and reserve 2 tablespoons drippings in pan.
- Sauté onion in drippings until tender.
- Add mushrooms; cook and stir 2 minutes over medium heat.
- Stir in beans, Splenda and salt to taste.
- Go easy on the salt because the bacon will add salt.
- Cover and cook 10 minutes on low until beans are done, stirring occasionally.
- Toss in bacon.
Nutritional information Edit
- 113 Calories | 8g Fat | 3g Protein | 7g Carbohydrate | 3g Dietary Fiber | 4g Net Carbs