Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe is for 3 servings.
- 1 lbs green beans
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 chopped tomatoes
- 1 tsp salt
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3½ tsp sugar
- ½ – 2 cups water
- Trim beans and cut into 3 pieces, wash and drain.
- Put onion and tomato into a heavy pan.
- Sprinkle with salt and rub in lightly with fingers.
- Stir in the beans, olive oil and sugar, mix well.
- Cover and cook for 15 minutes over medium heat.
- Stir occasionally.
- The beans will lose their colour and soften.
- When all the moisture has been absorbed, stir-fry the beans for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add ½ cup water, cover and simmer for 40 to 50 minutes, till the beans are tender.
- Add more water if necessary, ½ cup at a time.
- When cooked, the dish should be very moist but not watery.
- Serve cold as part of a buffet.