- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 4 cups fresh whole green beans or 16 oz. package frozen green beans
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 medium red pepper cut into strips
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- If using fresh green beans, wash in cold water and snip off the ends.
- In a medium saucepan bring broth to a boil;
- add beans and cover.
- Cook over medium heat for 8–12 minutes.
- If using frozen beans, time according to package directions.
- Melt margarine in a small skillet and add the pepper strips.
- Sprinkle in the garlic powder.
- Stir and cook until crisp-tender, about 6 minutes.
- Drain the green beans.
- In a serving bowl, add the cooked beans and pepper mixture; toss.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle chopped parsley over the top.