Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Source: The New Family Cookbook for People with Diabetes
- Yield: 3¾ cups (4 servings)
- 12 oz fresh small green beans, ends trimmed
- 8 fresh mushrooms, sliced
- ½ cup chopped red onion
- 3 tbsp canola or corn oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic or red wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp freshly ground pepper
- Cook the green beans in a large pot of boiling water for 5 minutes; drain.
- Plunge the beans into a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking and retain their bright green color.
- Drain and place in a large bowl.
- Add the mushrooms and onions to the beans; toss to mix.
- For the dressing, whisk the oil into the vinegar in a small bowl; add the remaining ingredients and pour over the green beans.
- Toss lightly.
- Serve immediately.
Nutritional information Edit
Per serving (about 1 cup):
- 136 Calories | 11g Fat | 0mg Cholesterol | 295mg Sodium | 9g Carbs | 3g Dietary Fiber | 3g Sugars | 2g Protein
- Diabetic Exchanges: 2 Vegetable | 2 Fat