Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Source: The New Family Cookbook for People with Diabetes
- Yield: 3¾ cups (4 servings)
- 12 oz fresh small green beans, ends trimmed
- 8 fresh mushrooms, sliced
- ½ cup chopped red onion
- 3 tbsp canola or corn oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic or red wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp freshly ground pepper
- Cook the green beans in a large pot of boiling water for 5 minutes; drain.
- Plunge the beans into a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking and retain their bright green color.
- Drain and place in a large bowl.
- Add the mushrooms and onions to the beans; toss to mix.
- For the dressing, whisk the oil into the vinegar in a small bowl; add the remaining ingredients and pour over the green beans.
- Toss lightly.
- Serve immediately.
Nutritional information Edit
Per serving (about 1 cup):
- 136 Calories | 11g Fat | 0mg Cholesterol | 295mg Sodium | 9g Carbs | 3g Dietary Fiber | 3g Sugars | 2g Protein
- Diabetic Exchanges: 2 Vegetable | 2 Fat