Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 1 lb fresh green beans, cleaned and kept whole
- 1 cup vinegar (I used wine vinegar)
- 1 cup water
- 1 Tbsp mustard seeds
- 1 Tbsp fresh dill or 1 tsp dry
- 2 – 3 cloves garlic, minced (or ½ tsp garlic powder)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- cayenne pepper to taste
- Put all in a big pot with a lid. Bring to a boil, turn down heat and let simmer for 10 – 15 minutes or to your desired degree of tender-crispness. I let them go until they just turn that army green color.
- Keep in tightly closed container (plastic or glass preferably) in the refrigerator. They keep about a week or so and improve in flavor. Make sure you put the beans and juice in the container or they will dry out.