Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Green bean casserole was invented in 1955 by the Campbell Soup Company. It has since become a Thanksgiving favorite in the United States.
There are many basic recipes for green bean casserole. Here is one example:
- Green bean casserole from the Wikibooks Cookbook, source of original article licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License.
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Serves: 4
- 8 cups cooked green beans
- 1 cup milk
- 2⅔ cups (canned) French fried onions, divided into 2 equal portions
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 x 10¾-ounce cans cream of mushroom soup
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Stir beans, milk, ½ of onions, pepper, soup, and soy sauce in a 3-quart casserole.
- Bake until hot, about 25 minutes.
- Sprinkle top with rest of onions.
- Bake another 5 minutes.
- Cream of mushroom soup may be regular or reduced sodium.
- If you love cheese, substitute ½ cup shredded cheese for the soy sauce.
- ½ cup of chopped red bell peppers will make it very colorful.