Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Green bean casserole was invented in 1955 by the Campbell Soup Company. It has since become a Thanksgiving favorite in the United States.
Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Serves: 5 - 6
- 2 can French-style green beans, drained
- 1 can new potatoes (halfed)
- 1 can or jar (approx. 15 ounces) small whole onions, drained
- 1 can (10¾ ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 3/4 tsp Tony's creole seasoning
- 4 slices fried bacon (crumbled)
- non-stick cooking spray
- Fry bacon. Remove and dry on paper towel. Crumble bacon coarsely and set aside. Keep bacon grease and set aside
- Coat a 2 quart casserole dish with non-stick spray
- Combine green beans, onions, potatoes, and mushroom soup,Tony's and bacon in a bowl and gentley mix well. Pour into casserole dish and bake uncovered 350 deg for 35 min
- Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over the top of the casserole
- Bake uncovered at 350°F for 10 more min or until cheese is melted
- Cream of mushroom soup may be regular or reduced sodium.
- If you love cheese, substitute ½ cup shredded cheese for the soy sauce.
- ½ cup of chopped red bell peppers will make it very colorful.