Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This is one of my favorite vegetable recipes. They go really nicely with baked fish. This is simple to make once you've mastered the browning of the butter and almonds. The trick is to remove them from the heat before you think they're really brown enough. The butter will start to take on a toasted, nutty fragrance just before the nuts are done.
- 16 ounce bag frozen French cut green beans
- 2 ounces slivered almonds, ½ cup
- 4 tablespoons butter
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook beans according to package directions until tender-crisp; drain well.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, sauté almonds in butter over medium-low heat until nuts start to change color.
- Watch closely and stir frequently.
- Remove from heat as soon as you see that the nuts are changing color.
- They will continue to brown off the heat.
- Stir almonds and butter into hot green beans; season to taste with salt and pepper.
Nutritional information Edit
- Per ¼ recipe: 222 Calories | 19g Fat | 5g Protein | 11g Carbohydrate | 5g Dietary Fiber | 6g Net Carbs
- Per ⅙ recipe: 148 Calories | 13g Fat | 3g Protein | 8g Carbohydrate | 3g Dietary Fiber | 5g Net Carbs