Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The salad holds well and can be tossed a few hours in advance--but leave out the salt until close to serving time, since it will cause the tomatoes to release their juice. Blanch the green beans up to a day ahead, and keep refrigerated.
- Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Source: Cooking Light via WebMD
- Yield: 6 servings
- 2 cups green beans, trimmed (8 oz)
- 4 cups coarsely chopped tomato (about 2½ lb)
- 1 cup thinly sliced red onion
- ½ cup (2oz) crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh mint
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- ½ tsp salt
- 2½ tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1 (15½-oz) can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), rinsed and drained
- Place the beans in a large saucepan of boiling water, and cook 3 minutes.
- Drain and plunge beans into ice water.
- Combine beans, tomato, and remaining ingredients in a large bowl; toss well to combine.
Nutritional information Edit
Per 1⅓ cups serving:
- 157 Calories, 29% from Fat | 5.1g Fat | 1.8g Sat | 2g Mono | 0.8g Poly | 6.2g Protein | 8mg Cholesterol | 91mg Calcium | 463mg Sodium | 24.4g Carbs | 5.9g Fiber | 2.1mg Iron