- In a heavy saucepan, sauté onion, celery, and carrot (I use balsamic vinegar).
- Stir in garlic and cook another minute.
- Add water, tomato paste and spices.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 30 minutes.
- Add Bulgar wheat and cook another 30 minutes.
- Add more water if necessary.
- Remove bay leaf before serving.
- Serving suggestions: on spaghetti topped with chili and ff cheddar cheese, onions and / or pinto beans.
- You could add other vegetables such as zucchini, peppers or onions, and top with yogurt.
- Purists demand oyster crackers.
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.