Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Greek Tostada from the Public Domain Cookbook by the Seattle & King County Department of Public Health—original source of recipe, public domain government resource
- Cook Time: About 25 minutes
- Serves: 4
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- dash salt
- dash freshly ground pepper
- 4 medium, skinless and boneless chicken breasts
- 2 whole wheat pita bread rounds (4-inch diameter), split and toasted
- ¾ cup tomato, coarsely chopped
- ½ cup cucumber, chopped
- ½ medium sized red onion, chopped
- ⅓ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 x 15-oz. can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- In a small bowl, combine olive oil, lemon juice, paprika, salt and pepper.
- Place chicken in broiler pan and brush each side with the olive oil mixture.
- Broil chicken about 4 inches from heat for about 10 minutes or until meat is tender and no longer pink, turning once.
- Cool chicken slightly then coarsely chop.
- Make the hummus: Combine all hummus ingredients in a blender and process until smooth.
- To serve, spread hummus over toasted pita halves and top with chicken, tomato, cucumber, red onions and feta cheese.