Greek Tostada from the Public Domain Cookbook by the Seattle & King County Department of Public Health—original source of recipe, public domain government resource
- Cook Time: About 25 minutes
- Serves: 4
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- dash salt
- dash freshly ground pepper
- 4 medium, skinless and boneless chicken breasts
- 2 whole wheat pita bread rounds (4-inch diameter), split and toasted
- ¾ cup tomato, coarsely chopped
- ½ cup cucumber, chopped
- ½ medium sized red onion, chopped
- ⅓ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 x 15-oz. can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- In a small bowl, combine olive oil, lemon juice, paprika, salt and pepper.
- Place chicken in broiler pan and brush each side with the olive oil mixture.
- Broil chicken about 4 inches from heat for about 10 minutes or until meat is tender and no longer pink, turning once.
- Cool chicken slightly then coarsely chop.
- Make the hummus: Combine all hummus ingredients in a blender and process until smooth.
- To serve, spread hummus over toasted pita halves and top with chicken, tomato, cucumber, red onions and feta cheese.