Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
- Serves 4 – 6
- 1 pound macaroni
- ½ pound spinach, washed and stemmed
- 1½ pounds crumbled feta cheese (about 6 cups)
- 2⅓ cups whole milk
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- ⅔ olive oil
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- ¾ tsp minced fresh rosemary
- 2 tsp minced fresh thyme
- 1 tbsp finely chopped garlic
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes, or to taste
- ½ cup pitted and coarsely chopped black olives
- ½ pound cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup mixed chopped fresh herbs
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Bring 6 quarts of salted water to a boil.
- Add the pasta and cook, stirring occasionally, until al dente, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Drain and place in a large mixing bowl.
- Blanche the spinach: bring 4 quarts of salted water to a simmer over medium-high heat.
- Have ready a large bowl of ice water and slotted spoon.
- Add the spinach to the simmering water (in three or four batches) and submerge it.
- Let it cook for about 15 seconds, remove with the slotted spoon, and plunge into the ice water.
- Let the spinach cool completely, drain it, and squeeze out the excess water. If the leaves are large, chop then into bite-size pieces. Reserve.
- In a blender or food processor, puree the feta cheese with the milk, lemon juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Blend in two batches, if necessary. This will not be completely smooth; there will be very small chunks of cheese remaining.
- Stir the cheese mixture into the cooked pasta, then add the minced rosemary and thyme, the garlic, red pepper flakes, cherry tomatoes, and blanched spinach.
- Place in a 9 by 13-inch baking pan and sprinkle with the grated parmesan cheese and the mixed herbs.
- Bake on the middle shelf until the pasta is heated through and the top is slightly browned, 25 to 30 minutes.