Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Greek Lentil Soup is a favorite of mine and is so simple to make. I often make it and then I go do something else. It does well as leftovers.
- 8 cups water
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 vegetable bouillon cube
- olive oil
- 2 cups sorted, rinsed, uncooked small lentils
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 1½ stalks celery, chopped
- (optional) ½ onion, chopped
- 1 small can diced tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- Sort through and rinse the lentils.
- In a large stewpot, add the water, oil, bay leaves, boullion, and salt. Bring to a boil.
- While the liquid is coming to a boil, chop the carrots, onion, and celery. open the can of diced tomatoes.
- Once the liquid is boiling, add all of the ingredients except the vinegar.
- Bring the liquid down to simmer.
- Cook for one hour, checking once halfway through.
- Once the hour is up, add the vinegar and serve fairly warm with fresh bread.