Greek Chickpeas and Spinach from the Public Health Cookbook by the Seattle & King County Department of Public Health—original source of recipe, public domain government resource
- Serves: 4
- 1 large onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed or minced
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 2 cups precooked chickpeas or one 15 ounce can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill weed, finely chopped
- ½ pound fresh spinach, cleaned and chopped or torn into bite-size pieces
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Using a large frying pan, sauté onion and garlic in oil over medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Add chickpeas and dill.
- Stir-fry for 5 minutes.
- Add the spinach, a little at a time.
- Drizzle lemon juice over all ingredients and cover with lid.
- Cook 5 minutes or until the spinach shrinks.
- Stir to combine.
- Serve hot.