Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Greek Chickpeas and Spinach from the Public Health Cookbook by the Seattle & King County Department of Public Health—original source of recipe, public domain government resource
- Serves: 4
- 1 large onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed or minced
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 2 cups precooked chickpeas or one 15 ounce can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill weed, finely chopped
- ½ pound fresh spinach, cleaned and chopped or torn into bite-size pieces
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Using a large frying pan, sauté onion and garlic in oil over medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Add chickpeas and dill.
- Stir-fry for 5 minutes.
- Add the spinach, a little at a time.
- Drizzle lemon juice over all ingredients and cover with lid.
- Cook 5 minutes or until the spinach shrinks.
- Stir to combine.
- Serve hot.