Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Wiggins Estate in Montgomery, Alabama in 1987.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 2 pound chicken
- 1 large onion sliced
- 1 quart liquid tomato paste
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 can cooked okra beans
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium high heat.
- Place cleaned chicken in pot and turn to brown all sides evenly.
- Add tomato juice then add the same amount of water and the sugar.
- Let boil for one hour then stir in okra and serve.