Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
In Romanian: Vinete preparate greceste.
- 3 – 4 large eggplants
- 1 lb / 500 g tomatoes
- 4 tablespoons oil
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 head of garlic
- Slice the eggplants lengthwise and crosswise to make 8 pieces.
- Scald with boiling water and then weigh down with something heavy between 2 wooden cutting boards, for 15 minutes.
- Drain well, dredge with flour and then fry each piece in hot oil.
- Place in a heat resistant dish and pour the following sauce on them.
- Fry the finely chopped garlic in the oil remaining from frying the eggplants.
- Mix with the peeled, seeded and chopped tomatoes, sugar and salt.
- Bake for 15 – 20 minutes.
- Serve cold.