In Romanian: Vinete preparate greceste.
- 3 – 4 large eggplants
- 1 lb / 500 g tomatoes
- 4 tablespoons oil
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 head of garlic
- Slice the eggplants lengthwise and crosswise to make 8 pieces.
- Scald with boiling water and then weigh down with something heavy between 2 wooden cutting boards, for 15 minutes.
- Drain well, dredge with flour and then fry each piece in hot oil.
- Place in a heat resistant dish and pour the following sauce on them.
- Fry the finely chopped garlic in the oil remaining from frying the eggplants.
- Mix with the peeled, seeded and chopped tomatoes, sugar and salt.
- Bake for 15 – 20 minutes.
- Serve cold.