Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Healthy Recipes For Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Source: dLife
- ¾ pound 96% lean ground round
- 8 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons skim milk
- ¾ cup salsa, divided
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper, freshly ground
- vegetable cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons feta cheese, crumbled
- Brown beef in large, nonstick skillet over medium-high heat for 5 minutes. Add ½ cup salsa and continue cooking for two minutes.
- Whisk the egg whites and milk in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat the vegetable cooking spray in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the egg white mixture and cook until nearly set (2 – 4 minutes), using a spatula to pull in the sides of the omelet and all the uncooked egg to run underneath.
- Sprinkle the beef mixture, remaining salsa, and feta cheese on top of the omelet. Carefully slide the omelet onto the serving plate, folding it by gently tipping the skillet.
- Cover the eggs with a lid for the last 30 seconds you're cooking them for extra fluffiness.
Nutritional Information Edit
- Calories: 173 | Carbohydrates: 3.5g | Protein: 27.2g | Total Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 2.5g | Cholesterol: 48mg | Fiber: 0.2g | Sodium: 766mg
- Diabetic Exchange: 1 vegetable; 3 very lean meat